Fishing from your PWC
Fishing is one of the most traditional and popular activities to do on the water. From basic nearshore fishing to more extreme offshore fishing, landing a big catch can be a lot of fun and adventurous. Traditionally, fishing is done near shore from either land, docks, or piers. Offshore fishing is typically done in fishing boats in either deep water or more shallow areas. However, fishing enthusiasts are utilizing PWCs more and more as a fishing vessel and the trend is catching on. Jet skis are easier to maintain and are more cost effective than traditional boats, making them an ideal choice for sihing.
While it may seem untraditional to fish from a PWC over an actual fishing boat, PWCs offer many advantages in a variety of situations:
The Top Advantages of Jet Ski Fishing:
- PWCs are smaller making maneuverability much easier. This makes your jet ski a versatile vessel for all types of fishing, including drift, jig, and troll fishing.
- PWCs are typically faster than larger boats, making your fishing trip not only more exhilarating, but being faster allows you to spend more time fishing as opposed to traveling to your next spot.
- Preparing a PWC for the water is much easier and a faster process over preparing an entire boat.
- If you do not have any watercraft for offshore fishing, purchasing a PWC can be a much lower expense than a larger boat.
- Personal watercraft require less fuel costs as they are more fuel efficient than larger boats.
- PWCs are more self-sufficient. Because of their size and ease of visibility and operating, you can fish from your PWC without a crew
- Storage fees in the off-season can be much cheaper with a PWC than other boats - Jet skis are easier to tow on your own and can be stored in your personal garage!
- PWCs are lower to the water, allowing you to see more of water swims below you and spot your next big catch.
For these reasons and many more, personal watercraft can be a great alternative to your fishing activities.
What do you need to be able to fish from your PWC?
Making your jet ski an optimal fishing vessel does require a few modifications. A stock PWC does not come with storage for your tackle, bait, fishing rods, and big catches. It is also helpful to have your boat equipped with a fish finder system that also serves as a GPS. While a PWC does not come equipped with all of these essential fishing needs, there are a lot of aftermarket rigs and utility racks options that can installed or fit to your PWC to make your jet ski ready for fishing.
Want to spend even more time fishing from your PWC?
Docking and storing your PWC when not fishing can be time-consuming and an unnecessary task. Most traditional jet ski lifts have moving and electrical parts, which can be costly if damaged. The best way to store a PWC is using a floating PWC lift that isn’t motorized and isn’t fixed to your property. These are easier to take care of and have a better chance of reducing damage to your jet ski during bad weather and ice.
By answering a few quick questions we will be able to tell you which dock or boat lift is the perfect fit for you.Start Now! ▶