- What do I need to know?
- PDF Library
- Drive-on & Launching
- Floating Dock Assembly
- Boat Mooring & Installation
- Maintaining Your JetDock
- The Competition
- Questions for the Competition
- Environmentally Friendly
- Boat Lift & Boat Dock Legislation & Permitting
- Moving A Boat Lift
- Dock & Boat Lift Maintenance
- News & Articles
Jet Ski Fishing Advantages — Why Fishers Are Flocking To PWCs
Fishing is one of the most traditional and popular activities to do on the water. From basic nearshore fishing to more extreme offshore fishing, landing a big catch can be the epitome of adventurous, yet relaxing fun.
Traditionally, fishing is done near shore from either land, a dock or a pier. Offshore fishing typically happens in a fishing boat in either deep water (utilizing a deep water boat lift) or more shallow areas. But fishing enthusiasts are using personal watercraft (PWC) more and more to fish, and the trend appears to be catching on.
The Top Advantages of Jet Ski Fishing
Jet skis are easy to maintain and can often be more cost-effective than traditional boats, making them an ideal choice for fishing. While it may seem mutinous to fish from a PWC over an actual fishing boat, PWCs and the wide variety of jet ski fishing accessories available actually offer many advantages in a number of situations.
- PWCs are smaller, making maneuverability much easier. This makes your jet ski a versatile vessel for all types of fishing, including drift, jig and troll fishing.
- PWCs are typically faster than larger boats, making your fishing trip not only more exhilarating but allowing you to spend more time fishing and less time traveling from spot to spot.
- Preparing a PWC for the water is much easier and a faster process over preparing an entire boat.
- If you do not have any watercraft for offshore fishing, purchasing a PWC can be a much lower expense than that of a larger boat.
- Personal watercraft require less fuel costs as they are more fuel efficient than larger boats.
- PWCs are more self-sufficient due to their size and ease of visibility and operation.
- Storage fees in the off-season can be much cheaper with a PWC than with other boats. Jet skis are even easier to tow on your own and can be stored in your personal garage!
- PWCs are also lower to the water, allowing you to spot your next big catch more easily.
What Do You Need to be Able to Fish from Your PWC?
Making your jet ski the best PWC for fishing does require a few modifications. A stock PWC does not typically come with storage for your tackle, bait, fishing rods and big catches. It is also helpful to have your boat equipped with a fish finder system that also serves as a GPS. While a PWC does not come equipped with all of these essential fishing needs, there are a lot of aftermarket rigs and utility rack options that can be installed or fit to your PWC to make it ready for any fishing outing.
Spend Even More Time Fishing With Jet Dock
Docking and storing your PWC when you’re not fishing can be a time-consuming task. Most traditional jet ski lifts have moving and electrical parts, which can be costly if damaged.
The best way to store a PWC is by using a Jet Dock floating jet ski dock that isn’t motorized and isn’t fixed to your property. These are easier to take care of and have a better chance of reducing damage to your jet ski during bad weather and ice. Browse Jet Dock’s selection of floating docks and boat lift parts today. Have a question or need more information? Reach out to your Jet Dock boat lift dealer for help.
By answering a few quick questions we will be able to tell you which dock or boat lift is the perfect fit for you.Start Now! ▶